The mission of the Fitzgerald Church of God is to be a church that gives hope to the hopeless, leads people to Christ for life everlasting, and ministers to others as God restores lives so that all may fulfill the prosperous plan He has established (Jer. 29:11). Under the direction and vision of Pastor and Kathy Joiner, we are carrying forth this mission as God is moving throughout our congregation and restoring lives.
Dewain and Kathy Joiner have served as pastors of the Fitzgerald Church of God since December 2008. Pastor Joiner has a distinguished career as a pastor and administrator for over 40 years. Prior to becoming pastor of FCOG, Pastor and Kathy Joiner served as the State Director of Evangelism and Home Missions for the South Georgia Church of God for more than four years. They have also served as very successful pastors throughout South Georgia and Alabama in which churches expanded and flourished. In addition, both Pastor and Kathy Joiner have served on various boards and committees at the district and state level throughout the Church of God. They have served as mentors to many young pastors and have devoted their lives to the Great Commission.
The Joiners have been married for 42 years. They have one son and daughter-in-law, Justin and Jennifer, who reside in Valdosta. They also have two lovely grandchildren, Dawson and Miley. Pastor Joiner is an alumnus of Macon State College, Lee University, and the Pentecostal Theological Seminary. Under the direction and leadership of Pastor Joiner, the Fitzgerald Church of God emphasizes love, hope, and restoration for those who are hurting. The various discipleship programs offered at FCOG enable people to grow in their faith. Visit and see the church that is moving forward!
What We Believe
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.